I too am toying around with Flex 2. Thus copying every other Flash programmer on this planet. The states, transitions and binding are going to be a blessing for every programmer.
The Retrieve and Display Data tutorial explains how to read an rss2 feed. Copy-pasting the sample code is too easy, so I decided to add a bit more functionallity.
- The date is now formatted,
- There is a “Loading” and “Loaded” state,
- There is a transition between states,
- Links in the
TextAreaare blue and underlined,
- The whole app has a minimum and maximum size,
- There is a
- A “view source” link was added.
You can see the BlogReader example online. Don’t forget to take a look at the code!
See also Styling Flex TextArea content with CSS.